Wednesday, August 29, 2018

READ-2-REVIEW - Outlaw King (Renegade Scots, #1) by Julie Johnstone

RS-1-Thumb.jpg

Outlaw King 

(Renegade Scots, #1)

August 31st 2018



The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . OUTLAW KING (Renegade Scots, #1) . . . Higher level of intensity, passion, protection, fierceness, loyalty, lies/betrayal . . . 

Renegade Scot looks like it will be as promising a series as the highly coveted Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts series from Julie Johnstone. I love the Scots of old. This one takes things a bit further by adding renegade, king, and a bit of a history lesson to the mix. Robert the Bruce meets Elizabeth de Burgh and their lives take on a new direction. One that neither of them would have or could have imagined for themselves. The two of them meet for the first time only to be separated and many years pass by before the see one another again.  This time there would be much at stake lives, futures, families.

Robert finds that he is the leg that his country and countrymen would need to stand on. There are many things that he must do and all of them can make or break his people and their land. You are certain to get a chance to reimagine the history of Scotland and England’s relations.

There are lies/betrayal, secrets, intrigue, intensity, romance, history. There was much emotion, sorrow, pain, disbelief and acceptance. At the heart of it all was a man that loved his country and a woman that he loved just as much but was uncertain if to trust her motives. Together they both, along with a country full of Scotsmen, work to save the land they loved and would do anything for to keep it and its people safe.

I have reads many of Julie Johnstone’s books and all are about or based in Scotland. I have to say that there was something a little different in this read and lead of the new series. I loved it and cherished each and every turn of the page. There was an intensity in this one that felt bone deep and connected to the past of the land that I have come to love and appreciate over the years.


BLURB
She’s the weapon intended to destroy him. He’s the key to her freedom.
Dark days have come to Scotland, and fierce warrior Robert the Bruce would do anything to release his country from English rule—and not just because he’s the rightful heir to the Scottish throne. As the bloody war rages on, enemies on both sides of the fight surround him, and Robert must dance a dangerous line between truth and deception. One misstep could topple his nation and cost him his life, yet one woman tempts him—and threatens his mission—as no other ever has.
Elizabeth de Burgh longs for freedom in a time when women have none. So when she finds herself ordered by her ruthless father and her godfather, the King of England, to seduce the leader of the Scottish rebellion and reveal his secrets, she yearns to fight back against their cruel plot. But they threaten to kill her beloved cousin, leaving her no choice but to comply. As she grows close to Robert and the mask that hides the man who would be king is peeled away, she cannot imagine aiding in the destruction of the noble Scot bent on liberating his people.
Bound by duty and honor but ensnared by passion, Robert and Elizabeth must determine if they are each other’s biggest threat or greatest source of strength. And moreover, they must decide how much they are willing to risk for the one thing neither ever imagined they’d find with the other—extraordinary, boundless love.


Author Info
As a little girl I loved to create fantasy worlds and then give all my friends roles to play. Of course, I was always the heroine! Books have always been an escape for me and brought me so much pleasure, but it didn't occur to me that I could possibly be a writer for a living until I was in a career that was not my passion. One day, I decided I wanted to craft stories like the ones I loved, and with a great leap of faith I quit my day job and decided to try to make my dream come true. I discovered my passion, and I have never looked back. I feel incredibly blessed and fortunate that I have been able to make a career out of sharing the stories that are in my head! I write Scottish Medieval Romance, Regency Romance, and I have even written a Paranormal Romance book. And because I have the best readers in the world, I have hit the USA Today bestseller list several times.

You can download my Regency book After Forever to try for FREE here:https://goo.gl/Y4M7gp
Website - 
Bookbub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/julie...
Newsletter join here: https://goo.gl/qnkXFF
Email - juliejohnstoneauthor@gmail.com
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/authorjuliej...
Twitter - @juliejohnstone
Goodreads - https://goo.gl/T57MTA


Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment