Friday, September 15, 2023

READ-2-REVIEW - NA CONTEMPORARY - UNCOVERED (Bainbridge University, #1) by Andi Burns


UNCOVERED
Bainbridge University, #1
by Andi Burns


BLURB

Phoebe James and I share a past…and it’s tragic.

To make things worse, she has no idea who I am or how our lives have intersected. 

I tell myself none of that matters. We’re attending the same university, but we’ll never see each other. Different years, different majors, and different social circles mean I can stay in the shadows and out of her way. 

Until I can’t. 

A few weeks into the semester, she needs a tutor, and I’m the only one available. 

But it’s fine. I can do my job without getting involved in her life, or getting lost in her pretty gray eyes. At least, that’s what I tell myself. All too soon, I'm falling hard for a woman I have no business wanting. She’s perfect for me in every way and loves me like no one else ever has. The problem is, I’m keeping a secret that will ruin everything. 

I need to tell her who I am--there’s no way around it. But I know that the moment I do, I'll break her heart beyond repair. And she’ll shatter mine, too.

Start reading today!

FREE in Kindle Unlimited

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Z8l6PU 

Amazon Worldwide: https://mybook.to/uncoveredaburns 

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3sHyX3z 


The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . UNCOVERED (Bainbridge University, #1) . . . We step into the world of Bainbridge University. Our new adults embark on a new world and make their way through it the best they can. At Bainbridge University, we meet four young men that have forged a bond between them that was more than the family they were born into. Our first stand-up guy was Ty. Ty had the world on his shoulders. He was young, wealthy, and in a family that did not see him until it suited them. We tap the screen to watch as Ty's story unfolds. His story would be nothing without Phoebe. 

Phoebe and Ty shared a tragic past, only one knew about the connection. Phoebe's world changed with the actions of someone she never met. Ty's conscience and heart would not allow for the tragic incident to destroy the bright future that could have been ahead of the young girl, Phoebe. With time and patience Ty was able to make some moves to get the young woman, now, to have a chance at the future she had planned for herself years ago. 

Phoebe's world changed the day her brother died. Her world was still upended by the deeds of others years later. Now, she has the chance to move forward with her life and dreams. In none of those dreams did she think she would have more than her hopes and dreams. Nothing prepared her for actually going to school, meeting new friends, making connections, needing a tutor, and falling in love. Nothing prepared her for her world to come crashing down around her again. 

Phoebe and Ty were interesting characters. I loved Ty because he was able to be more than what his family was. He had a heart and compassion. He was more than the rich and privileged. Phoebe had to learn to grow and fly. She took some hits and with time she was able to grow. 

The writing was good but there was something about some of the transitions and the way the ebook was formatted that threw me off. Even with these things I did enjoy the story enough to finish it. 


*****

For more information about Andi Burns and her books, visit her website: 

http://www.andiburns.com/ 

Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment