Friday, September 29, 2023

READ-2-REVIEW - NA CONTEMPORARY - UNKNOWN (Bainbridge University, #2) by Andi Burns


UNKNOWN
Bainbridge University, #2
by Andi Burns

BLURB

Knox 

I learned early in life that love is an illusion-- it’s a tool people use to get what they want. I never trusted anyone until I met the three guys that would become my best friends, my true family. 

Aside from them, I’ve kept my guard up...until her. 

The last week of our senior year in high school, I fell hard and fast for a girl I had no business wanting. We spent one incredible night together...and then, nothing. I awoke alone the next morning with no trace of her in my bed. 

To say I’ve been fucking up my life ever since is an understatement. I come from chaos, so that's what I’ll become. There was only one time I thought I had a shot at something better and...well, look how that turned out. 

So, I’ll party my way through college, and worry about the consequences later. 

But unexpectedly, the woman I fell for turns back up in my life, and it turns out that our night together had consequences of its own.

Start reading today!

FREE in Kindle Unlimited

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3LtH1LE 

Amazon Worldwide: https://mybook.to/Unknownaburns 

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/46hanoQ 


The Book Junkie Reads . . . Review of . . . UNKNOWN (Bainbridge University, #2) . . .  We step into the world of Bainbridge University. Our new adults embark on a new world and make their way through it the best they can. At Bainbridge University, we meet four young men that have forged a bond between them that was more than the family they were born into.  In Unknown we experience life through Knox's eyes. Life had taught him early what to expect and love was not real. Then life shows him another lesson. Will he learn his lesson? Or will the early lessons win out?

Knox was lost and out of control. He did have a compass. He was self-aware. He just could not stop. He was spiraling and his friends/brothers knew it. The was so much damage and neglect that he could not see his way past it all, except. There were two exceptions. Soon to become three. His little brother, Rona, his lost love, Willa, and one beautiful surprise, Rose. 

Willa find that her already hectic, unsettled world becomes bearable with the meeting of Knox the last few days of school. The two of them find a connection. The connection takes them on a whirlwind of meeting. They connected and bond on a soul deep level. All this changes with one action of someone we don't even get to meet. The pushes Willa to run. All of that gets compounded by the actions of another very spiteful person. That puts Willa on a new and very different path for her life. 

Willa and Knox find their way into each other lives again eighteen months later. This brings some heavy emotions of shock, jealousy, anger, hatred, concern, confusion, and love. Love pure and strong. 

What I did not like about the story was the timeline and age issue. I find myself drawn in by details. For Knox to have been only a year younger than Ty, he should have been 20. That means a year and half before could he have been 18. I don't know why my head gets stuck with ages, dates, and time lapses. That is my cross to bare when I read. It did not spoil the story for me. 


*****

For more information about Andi Burns and her books, visit her website: 

http://www.andiburns.com/ 

Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment